Páginas

segunda-feira, 8 de abril de 2013

Batman aluminum ring


You guys don't know it yet but I love comic books.

I found this ring on etsy and thought 'Hey, I can do that!'. I had brand new black FIMO waiting to be used for ages. Then I looked around my very messy desk and my eyes feel on a can that had been there for months waiting to be used. It was like destiny. The black FIMO could wait.

Now is where you find out why I don't make those pretty tutorials even though I'd like to.

I wasn't sure about how to cut the can because when I tried to stick my scissors into it it was more resistant than I had thought. I proceded to search on google for answers, obviously. I found this very helpful video. I watched it and then did what I always do: whatever the hell I felt like doing in the first place. I ended up just sticking the scissors in the can and cutting it. Nothing bad happened but I don't recommend since I don't want to be responsible for the death of any of my lovely readers.

I ended up with a sheet of aluminum which measured about 21cmx9cm (8.3''x3.5'').

I put the symbol I had printed previously over the sheet and cut it. Then I glued it in a ring and voilá!

So what do you think? Have you ever recycled aluminum cans? Do you have any projects using them in your 'to do' list?

1 comentário:

  1. Wow! I would definitely have just bought the ring. I am pretty crafty but I don't have any desire to work with metals and stuff like that.

    And yours looks really good. I think I prefer it to the listing you linked to. Also about DYI, I agree. Most of the time I am teaching myself to do something, so it will be difficult to try and record it also.

    ResponderEliminar